Saturday, April 30, 2011

Tomorrow is the day!

In less than 24 hours, I will toe the line at the Big Sur Marathon. I am confident that I will finish the course, and do well. I went to the Expo in Monterey yesterday after work, and picked up my bib (number), timing tag, and other paraphenalia. I was a good little Donald and only got a couple of small items: a new watch ($12-amazing deal) and a copy of Going Long, a compilation of long essays from Runner's World magazine. I also met Bart Yasso and Tish Hamilton, both writers for RW. Both are really nice folks. Can you believe that Tish is doing the Boston to Big Sur Challenge. She ran the Boston Marathon 13 days ago, and is running the BSIM tomorrow.

My training did not go exactly as planned. My longest run was a 17.5 miler two weeks ago, but the backbone of my training was a lot of 8-10 mile runs, and even more 4-6 milers. When I did the 17.5 miler, I knew that I could run at least 20, but I didn't want to push it only two weeks out.

The goals:
"A" goal: Sub 4 hours, you know why.
"B" goal: Beat my 2005 SF marathon PR of 4:27.
"C" goal: Beat my 2007 BSIM debacle of ~5:25.

I'll be sure to post a race report either tomorrow evening or Monday. I hope you all have a great weekend.

No comments: