I would like to take a moment to wish all you you a very Blessed and Merry Christmas!!!
Very early this morning, Dad, Heidi, Sarah, Krist, Sean and I attended Midnight Mass at Immaculate Conception in Tres Pinos for the first time in a very long time. It was a beautiful experience simply to be in the presence of my sisters in a place that has a tremendous place in the history of our family.
Christmas dinner is coming in a bit, so there will be photos to come, hopefully. God bless us all!
Sunday, December 4, 2011
Well, campers, I'm still here. The news:
- It is cold, well, for CA. We had 26F yesterday, and 24F this morning. Brrr.
- The kids are huge. Joseph and Leo are reading more and more all the time. Their weekly preschool teacher thinks that Joseph is reading at the 2nd grade level. Wow!
- Sarah (sister) is about 8 months pregnant with Child#1. The planned name will remain the surprise to you all.
- The new windows we had in the house are working quite well. We had a 32F differential between the coldest part of the house and outside this morning. Yay!
- I am in week #3 of training for the Napa Valley Marathon. I missed the registration window for Big Sur by 2 hours back in August. So, I signed up for Napa Valley. I plan on running 10 miles after mass today.
- Speaking of Mass, I like the revised translation for the Mass. Our pastor has had us use the repsonses since mid summer, but hearing the new prayers is wonderful. A bit clunky at first, but we will get there. I plan on a larger post later.