Friday, March 5, 2010

Still Kickin'

It has been a good long while since I posted anything. In case you are wondering; we are still here. Alie is due with Baby Boy on 4 April. We are not expecting for her to go full term; the boys were 2 weeks early, she had a couple of complications (everyone is ok) in January, and Baby Boy is very active. Getting a few things organized in the casa is an ongoing challenge. Alie is on a lifting restriction (better than the bed rest requirement in January), so the boys go to day care while I am at work. When I'm not working, I have two little shadows. Nana helps on Sundays so I can go to church.

I'm still working at the winery; most days are good. I have done enough VAs in the last two days to last quite some time. Degas, distill, titrate, repeat. Thankfully, I can say that I make wine, not vinegar.

It is spring in Cienega. We are at above average for our yearly rainfall (nearly 18" so far), and we have about 6 weeks left in our rainy season. Pruning is going slow this year; Dad is frustrated, moreso than ever. I see the green grass, the fillaree, and mustard; I feel sun and gentle rain; the ground is moist. The roses are starting to push, the plum tree has bloomed. Another year has begun. It is the middle of Lent; I am looking forward to Easter. I am hoping for an Easter baby. I am rambling; I am sober. I have realized that I will be 30 this year. March 15 marks 10 years that Alie and I have been together (married for 8 on 10 August). Leo and Joseph will be 3 in May. I would not mind loosing 10, 20, or even 30 pounds. I miss running on a daily basis (look above to see why I have not been). Some days, I miss working at Monster Winery. I loved the Winter Olympics, and am rooting for die Schwiez to do well at the World Cup.

Again, I am rambling. Maybe in the next four months, I can write a more coherent post.

No comments: